Wednesday, August 29, 2007

soapbox

alright girls, i'm a little pissed off right now. after club and the shoe party some of us went to sara's to have a beverage and prolong the mini-vacation from home. i have no idea how we got on the topic, (how do we get on any of these crazy topics?) but i was shocked to find out that out of five of us, i was the only one who has had an annual exam in the past year. i know what you are thinking.... it's because i have had a baby in the past year, but that is beside the point. i have never missed an annual appt!!! that is why they call it an annual - because you need to go in EVERY year! the great news about being almost 30 is that we won't need pap smears as frequently, but should still go in for an annual checkup. click here to read about the importance of pap smears. there are some pretty simple things we can do to take care of ourselves, and one visit to the ob/gyn each year is one of them. if it has been awhile, please let this serve as a reminder to call and schedule your checkup today! i want to see comments as to who has or hasn't been in this year... and if you think this is bad, just wait until we are turning 50 and i start keeping track of who has and hasn't had a colonoscopy!
-mindi
ps. click here for recommended health screenings and immunizations for women (and based on the latest guidelines, make sure your next tetanus booster also includes acellular pertussis)

4 comments:

Liz said...

Well, I'm proud to report that I made my gyno appointment today - thanks to YOU mindi! (After 5 years, I guess you are right...I need to go!) Anyway, I think we should stay up until midnight more often at club! I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time! Thanks for the fun night girls!
Liz

Anonymous said...

Hey there, I am also proud to say that I called my gyno, but he they are closed on Fridays, but I promise I will call again.
It was so fun with everybody the other night. I loved it, and I think the older we get the louder we are. Kevin asked me what we were laughing about for almost three hours straight. It was a fun night and I can't wait to do it again!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Oh by the way Mindi, I am so glad that we have someone (as smart as you) to remind us of how important it is to take care of ourselves. I enjoyed reading the information you posted for us, I am actually going to print out the Women's health and give it to my mom (she is as bad as I am about doctors). Thanks Again!
Sara

Anonymous said...

Hey girls it sounds like I missed a fun night with you. The shoe party was fun, but a little to stressful. I am proud to say that I do go to the Gyno every year probably because I need the birth control, but also I think that it is very important to stay on top of our health you never know what can happen. I'm looking forward to club next month.
Whitney